Monday December 5 – Life Is A Quiz Show

Monday December 5 – Life Is A Quiz Show

by Tulis McCall | Monday Musings

Written by Tulis McCall

Tulis McCall is a woman with a passion for performance and presentation. She brings her extensive knowledge of acting, writing, and producing to everything she does.

December 5, 2022

12 Comments

1. Ethan

Now if only we’d win prizes for remembering things… then maybe I’d be better at it?

2. Ed Kliszus

What’s the old saying, “I’ve forgotten more than you’ve learned?” But now I understand why, oh, what’s his name, Marlon Brando, used cue cards when he decided no longer to memorize scripts. Bravo Tulis for a Monday chuckle, or is it Tuesday?

3. Terria Joseph

Loved this!!!!! Had me calling out answers. Beautifully produced and written & acted! 🎭

4. lee

That spun me round a few dozen times … It reminded me of … what was that actor??

• Tulis McCall

Don’t ask me!!!

5. Phil Proctor

It only hursts when I laugh. This hurt a lot!

6. Monica Anderson

Hahahaha! Only you could pull off being your own foil!! Loved the split personality!!!

7. Ann Firestone Ungar

Tulis McCall is a treasure for our age, now on the web with Monday Musings. In her current post, Life is A Quiz Show, she meditates on little memory losses experienced by those of us who’re challenged as we “mature.” She’s funny, warm-hearted and graceful, trying to recall, for example, who played whom in what Hollywood or Broadway production. Perhaps we’ve all been there. Haven’t we? Haven’t we?! Haven’t we?!*$%#

8. Adeline Olmer

I love this and all your musings! They are wonderful. Thanks for adding joy to my day.
    Bring back your beautiful photo; it makes me feel like you are right there talking to me.
    Thank you!!!

9. Marilyn Lester

Tulis McCall is a font of musings, and has been for a very long time, Mondays notwithstanding. In all of her work she’s amazing: smart, thoughtful, incisive, funny, entertaining—in short one of the best monologists ever. Keep musing, Tulis. You’re a joy!

• Tulis McCall

Merci yoooooo!!!

10. Gordon Gilbert

So it’s not just me…
    I think the problem is that as we age,
    we begin to phase in and out of alternate universes,
    which has two possible results:
    Our memories may be accurate, but coming from other universes,
    they may not match up with whichever universe we are now in…
    and
    it’s possible what we forget is just what we left behind in other universes – maybe memories don’t always travel with us.

You May Also Like…

Lifetime Membership: Yea or Nay – January 30, 2023

The other day I signed up for a Lifetime Membership for a Meditation App. It seemed like a no-brainer, until I heard myself think, “Wait a minute – how long would I have to live to make this lifetime membership worthwhile?” A quick calculation told me I would have to live for three more years. That sounded doable. But what in the Sam Hill am I doing thinking thoughts like THAT?

Actors Are Magicians – January 23, 2023

Actors know that a world with no stories would go wobbling off into the Universe and burn to a crisp or freeze over until it was colder than the heart of a certain Supreme Court Justice.

Happy Birthday, Martin Luther King, Jr.

In addition to being King’s birthday, this year January 15th marked the closing date for SEVEN Broadway shows. Four of those shows feature black casts: “Death of a Salesman,” “A Strange Loop,” “Topdog/Underdog,” and “Ohio State Murders.” A fifth, “The Piano Lesson,” will close in two weeks.

Musings by email?

Musings by email?

Join my mailing list to receive each week's musings and announcements for shows.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

%d bloggers like this: